Sunday, May 18, 2014

Why did I decide to start a blog about customer service?

Last week, I received very poor customer service from two different businesses.  It got me to thinking about all the conversations I have had with my husband, my co-workers, friends and acquaintances.  We complain about poor service to each other and many times we do follow through with registering our complaint with the company or business that provided bad customer service. Lots of times I have just shrugged it off and perhaps by doing so I have not done my part to let the company know what happened and perhaps they may have done something about it.

I recently had a good customer service experience with a local appliance repair company.   I was so impressed with the service that I made a point to call back and tell them how great their service was.  Their scheduler was the most pleasant person to deal with as was their appliance repair person who came to my home to check out my dryer.

I am still "obsessing" over the poor (bad) customer service I received last week and my attempt to communicate with management for this company via "Yelp" as it was listed on their website to post a review good or bad about their service.  I even called the company and got the name and number of their operations manager.  I left him a message and requested a return call.  This was on Friday.  It is now Sunday and I have not gotten a return call yet.  Maybe Monday, the start of a new work week, will see some results.

I plan to post my experiences good or bad.  My next post will be about the company above. Perhaps writing about it will be cathartic or at least it may generate some notice that customer service is key to any business and the customer truly prefers good service not bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment